Garden Cottage – Holiday Let Malvern
A self-catering holiday cottage in the Malvern Hills, with spectacular views and fantastic walks from the door.
Garden Cottage, situated high on the west side of the Malvern Hills, is the perfect holiday cottage for walkers and those wanting to explore the Herefordshire and Worcestershire borders. The Victorian spa town of Great Malvern, and Ledbury, an ancient and picturesque market town, are both within easy reach.
A traditional English country cottage, Garden Cottage was formerly the gardeners house for Perrycroft, an Arts and Crafts house designed by architect CFA Voysey in 1893. Although the cottage was not part of Voysey’s design, and in fact has earlier origins, it was renovated and extended in the early 20th century incorporating many design details taken from Perrycroft. Garden Cottage has been sympathetically restored to reflect its Arts and Crafts heritage, but with the additional of all modern facilities.
The cottage has three bedrooms and sleeps five comfortably. A sixth bed can be provided if needed. Upstairs are three bedrooms, with a generous double and twin, and a single room which can have a pull-out bed added on request. The double bedroom with a king size bed is south facing with lovely views, and has an ensuite shower room with basin and WC. The twin room also has southerly views, and shares the family bathroom with the single room at the back of the cottage. This bathroom has a bath with shower over, basin and WC.
Downstairs, Garden Cottage has a compact and beautifully equipped kitchen with hand built cupboards and slate worktops. A passageway with vintage coat hooks leads to the downstairs WC. A ledge and brace door opens to the dining room with a wood burning stove, and a French door leads onto the terrace for summer living. In the oldest part of the cottage the sitting room, with its comfortable seating, also has a cosy wood burning stove, and a window seat reading nook with beautiful views to the west.
Outside is a paved terrace with a table and chairs, and lovely westerly views. A small sloping lawn is surrounded by shrubbery and woodland full of birdsong, and beyond the garden gate you can step straight on to the inviting footpaths of the Malvern Hills. You may also wander in the gardens of Perrycroft at your leisure.
The main features of the cottage include:
- Detached house to sleep 5, or 6 on request.
- Three bedrooms, all upstairs – one double room with king size bed, one twin room, and one single room, which can have a sixth bed if required.
- Two bathrooms, both upstairs – one a family bathroom with bath and shower over, and the second a spacious shower room en-suite to the double bedroom.
- Separate downstairs WC.
- Well equipped kitchen with electric ceramic hob and fan oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, and larder fridge with top freezer box.
- Sitting room with Fire Stick TV and DVD player – no aerial.
- Dining room with table and chairs to seat six, and access to the terrace.
- Underfloor heating for the ground floor and central heating radiators upstairs.
- Two wood burning stoves, one in the sitting room and one in the dining room.
- WiFi internet.
- Private enclosed garden, with a table and seating on the terrace accessed through a French door from the dining room.
- Private parking for two cars.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome by arrangement.
- Direct walking access on to the Malvern Hills from the cottage garden.